The British Ju-Jitsu Association GB National Governing Body (BJJAGB) has been offering instruction and training in Ju-Jitsu since 1960. Located in Accrington, Lancashire, the British Ju-Jitsu Association National Governing Body has produced champions in life as well as in the martial arts.
The British Ju-Jitsu Association was originally founded in 1956 by Soke James Blundell and was later re-constituted in 1988. It included other affiliated Ju-Jitsu associations from around Great Britain. Together, these clubs and associations approached the British Sports Council (now the UK Sports Council) to establish a single Governing Body for the Martial Art of Ju-Jitsu in this country and as a result, since 1993, the BJJA has become the British Ju-Jitsu Association Governing Body.
The BJJAGB oversees all aspects of Ju-Jitsu in Great Britain:
- Establishing codes of conduct
- Standard practises
- Competition formats and rules
- Arranging group insurance policies for clubs
- Certification of teachers and competition referees
- Registration of new clubs
The BJJAGB Experience Before Using Eventility
The main points of frustration that the BJJAGB faced were:
- Out of date club listings on the website
- Limited data on what was happening at club level
- No online tools for affiliated clubs
- Having to use multiple tools
- Difficulty pulling together accurate national diary information to put on their website.
- No easy way to sell tickets to national events
- No single view for participation data across affiliated clubs
How Has Eventility Specifically Addressed Those Problems?
- Eventility Engage solves the problems of data and membership management for associations with multiple connected clubs, groups, events and facilities.
- Eventility gives a platform for their connected clubs and groups to organise and promote their activities.
- Eventility provides a website, mobile apps, text and email services, range of plug-ins and website templates to organise and promote their activities and an API for the associations to manage their data.
The BJJAGB Experience Using Eventility
Eventility presented the Engage Solution to the BJJAGB National Congress in October 2012 and it was enthusiastically received with clubs signing up to use it there and then.
At the time, Eventility founder, Robin Brattel said, “We’re delighted that The British Ju-Jitsu Association National Governing Body have chosen to work in partnership with Eventility. With our Engage products powering their website they will be able to increase the exposure of all the fantastic Ju-Jitsu clubs and events being run around the country, helping to encourage more people to participate.”
The BJJAGB are using the following Eventility products:
- Communications Hub inc. email tracking and SMS
- Events Hub
- Selling tickets
- Collecting subscriptions/dues
What Are The Top Features the BJJAGB Love About Eventility?
- The BJJAGB website now has the Eventility Engage plug-in which means that they have accurate contact information available
- Ensures that the BJJAGB website is updated in real-time with club details, training and event listings
- The information is also available on the Eventility website for prospective members to find
- Provides BJJAGB Ju-Jitsu club organisers with free tools to simplify the organisation and promotion of their clubs
- Helps BJJAGB understand and report on participation in Ju-Jitsu and how it is increasing across their membership
BJJAGB Results With Eventility
- Originally 97 clubs were listed on the BJJAGB website, that has now grown to 217 via Eventility Engage from partner aggregation and additional clubs
- 43% of originally listed clubs are now claimed with full details updated
- 724 club level events not previously listed are now listed
- National Event ticket sales are now run via Eventility
- Tracked email communications showing engagement with open and click rates
- More awareness for BJJAGB
The BJJAGB Recommends Eventility
“The partnership with Eventility is fantastic for the BJJA. Not only does it provide our clubs with an amazing free tool to help manage their clubs, events and members, but the Engage solution powering our website means we’ll always have the latest data for our members clubs and statistics to show participation across our sport.”
Martin Dixon, Chairman, British Ju-Jitsu Association Governing Body.
To see Eventility Engage in action visit http://www.bjjagb.com
For more information on Eventility Engage
How to Contact The BJJAGB
5 Avenue Parade, Accrington, Lancashire.
Phone: + 44 (0) 7850 317553